Hi,

I have webapps depending upon a common webapp (for jsps, images, js...).
Each webapp can override stuff in common webapp and contains the files in
its own project.

common/src/webapp/welcome.jsp

webmoduleA/src/webapp/welcome.jsp

To accomplish building webmoduleA, I tried copying files from common to
${maven.war.webapp.dir} as pre-goal but the war plug-in when copying the
webmoduleA/src/webapp/ files does specify the ant:copy overwrite=true

    <j:if test="${webSourcesPresent == 'true'}">
      <ant:copy todir="${maven.war.webapp.dir}" preservelastmodified="true">
        <ant:fileset dir="${maven.war.src}"
          includes="${maven.war.src.includes}"
          excludes="${maven.war.src.excludes}">
        </ant:fileset>
      </ant:copy>
    </j:if>

and hence the file is not overwritten.

I made it as a post-goal and copy the files from common after the war:webapp
but the problem comes if the common/.../welcome.jsp has been modified after
webModuleA/.../welcome.jsp then it is overwritten.

How to handle this case?

Thanks,
--Venkat.