Hi Alexander,

> do you have any suggestion how to solve this problem in a clean,
> canonical Maven way, given a single condition: no private Nexus or
> external Maven repo is available and I want one-stop shopping and
> clean bootstrapping right from Maven.

The blog post linked earlier answers exactly this question.

The solutions it outlines to this problem are, in order of "best for the
Maven community to worst for the Maven community":

1.Get thee to Central
2. Get the external jars into a public Maven repository
3. Get the external jars into the internal Maven repository
4. Use the reactor (and Stephen's non-maven-jar plugin)
5. Use an ANT task
[Everything after this point is "Donny Don't".]
6. The file:///${basedir} repository hack
7. The system scope hack

Options 1 & 2 require communication with the third party library
developers, which presumably is untenable for you. You have also rejected
#3 ("I kinda dislike manually uploading external JARs there"), which leaves
#4 as your next-best option.

Regards,
Curtis

P.S. I am intrigued by your current solution, since it doesn't even appear
on Stephen's list, but I am guessing it would fall under the "Donny Don't"
section. The non-maven-jar plugin is a more integrated way of doing what
you are trying to do.