Hi,
I have a project where I need to temporarily have a maven build extension
(because we're migrating to maven) and did not know if there is any way to
get the maven extension artifact to automatically download.  I have seen
that if the artifact is in my local repository that it does not need to be
in my lib/ext folder but if it hasn't already been downloaded maven throws
an error that it can't find the artifact.  Are there any options or steps I
can document that would prevent me from having to get the artifact deployed
into all of my maven installations or local repositories?  I saw some
documentation on the Eclipse Tycho project that they seem to believe it
should automatically download, but it did not for me (I think there is a
proxy issue).  My extension is still in a snapshot state, could it be that
if I made a release it would automatically download?

Thanks,
James