Hi James,

There are some things I don’t understand about your scenario. You say you
“temporarily” have a maven build extension. What does that mean? Are you
currently using ant? And using ant tasks for maven to build the maven portions?
Or now using maven and having it call an old build tool? More information would
help us to help you.

Regards,
Russ

On Nov 15, 2013, at 1:31 PM, James Hutton <james.a.hut...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a project where I need to temporarily have a maven build extension
> (because we're migrating to maven) and did not know if there is any way to
> get the maven extension artifact to automatically download.  I have seen
> that if the artifact is in my local repository that it does not need to be
> in my lib/ext folder but if it hasn't already been downloaded maven throws
> an error that it can't find the artifact.  Are there any options or steps I
> can document that would prevent me from having to get the artifact deployed
> into all of my maven installations or local repositories?  I saw some
> documentation on the Eclipse Tycho project that they seem to believe it
> should automatically download, but it did not for me (I think there is a
> proxy issue).  My extension is still in a snapshot state, could it be that
> if I made a release it would automatically download?
>
> Thanks,
> James

Author, Getting Started with Apache Maven
<http://www.packtpub.com/getting-started-with-apache-maven/video>

and listen to the Misfile radio play <http://www.fuzzyfacetheater.com/misfile/>!