Gisbert Amm wrote on Monday, September 13, 2004 7:20 PM:

> Hi all,
>
> sorry for the probably newbie question; I didn't find the
> answer in the
> documentation.
>
> I want to create my own customized template based on the web template
> so that I can call "maven genapp myapp" to create customized projects.
>
> On http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/genapp/faq.html I read:
>
> "How to add a specific script for my template?
>      For add a specific script to your template, you should create a
> template.jelly file at your template root directory."
>
> Seems as if this could be the answer to my question.
>
> But where is my "template root directory"? I have no idea.
> And where do I find the existing templates like "web" or "struts" (a
> search for *.jelly gives no results)?
> Or am I totally wrong with this idea and have to do something
> completely different?

Have a look at the properties:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/genapp/properties.html

By default Maven searches also templates in the directory
${maven.local.home}/templates i.e. $HOME/.maven/templates. Create subdirectories there
(the name of the template equals the directory name), that have own template.jelly
scripts. Have a look at the resources of genapp itself to see how a template is
written.

- Jörg