AFAIK there is not painless way to solve this.

What you could add to the docs is instructions on how to use an enforcer
rule to ensure that no "bad" libs are pulled in by accident (if the miss
some exclusion). Use the banned deps [1] rule.

/Anders

[1] http://maven.apache.org/enforcer/enforcer-rules/bannedDependencies.html