Hi,

We have similar situation on several of our projects - we need to generate
fully debugable artifacts and also artifacts stripped from all debuging
information, optimized and obfuscated.
To resolve this we use classifiers and profiles.
By default everything is built with full debug information, no optimizations
and no obfuscations.
We use classifier "debug" in this case.

To generate fully optimized and obfuscated artifacts, we activate a profile
(called release) and this generates artifacts classified as "release".

All unit and functional testing is done against the debug version and it is
"skipped" in the release version.

Best regards,

Dimitar