it could be seen also as a coffee machine taking beans in entry to produce
a cup of java
The - is that it is fully java minded while Maven tried to conquer (with
few success) others platforms (C++ ...)
Note : Also the coffee machine can replace some others activities while
maven is building :-)
http://blog.octo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/maven-building.png