When letting go the idea of an animal, I came up with the following:

Change the V of Maven into a funnel, feeding it with stuff (code, resources, etc), resulting in an artifact.
Maybe with an assembly line full of jars below Maven.
It is probably easier to make the input abstract: circles, squares, rectangles ...

Robert