In a multimodule project you need to attach the site descriptor of parent
poms to the reactor.

Thus the site descriptor you attach will depend on your profile...

Thus you are in a maven anti-pattern (ie artifacts attached to the reactor
should not depend on the profiles active at the time)

You will likely have to find a different way, as I believe the rest if the
maven developers will agree with me that this is a bad plan, and hence
there will not be support for trying to solve your actual problem with the
technique that us giving you thus problem

HTH

Stephen