On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Baptiste Mathus <bmat...@batmat.net> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
> Not sure what you mean. You say "CI", are you taking about a specific
> server? If Jenkins for example, wouldn't it then be more a Jenkins user ml
> question?
>
> And I don't see how a snapshot build could interfere with another build
> with a release version.
> Could you give details about your issue so that we can help you?

mvn release:prepare does a first commit with the POM modified with the
no-SNAPSHOT version, then another commit with the POM modified with the
"next" SNAPSHOT version.
If a build is triggered for the first commit and basically does a "mvn
install" or, worse, a "mvn deploy", then it'll end up deploying your
release version, the very same that "mvn release:perform" will deploy too
(very same version information, not necessarily the same artifact: might
not deploy javadoc and sources for example, or the artifact might be
slightly different because you have plugins in a profile triggered only on,
or never on, release builds).
I think that what Dan referred to as a "CI snapshot build" is the kind of
build triggered by a commit (which generally builds snapshots).

--
Thomas Broyer
/tɔ.ma.bʁwa.je/ <http://xn--nna.ma.xn--bwa-xxb.je/>