Hi Martin,

Your definition of the skinny WAR is very slightly off and that may or not
solve your issue. A skinny WAR is not necessarily a WAR from which *all*
WEB-INF/lib was stripped, but rather one where all of its dependencies that
are shared by another module in the EAR gets stripped. For example, let say
you have:

WAR1 depends on artifact1 and artifact2
WAR2 depends on artifact2 and artifact3
EJB-JAR depends on artifact1

Then the EAR's lib should contain artifact1 and artifact2, WAR1 should not
contain any lib, WAR2 should still contain artifact3. Now, in your case, if
your EAR contains 2 JSF application WARs, then your issue still stands and
I cannot really see how you'll be able to get truly skinny WAR as indeed
you must not remove the JSF related artifacts from the WARs. However, if
your EAR is a single WAR and some EJB/MDB then the skinny WAR should work
just fine (it's what we use here and it work fine, the web related
libraries stay in the WAR and don'T get promoted to the EAR).

Regards,

--
*Simon Lessard*, ADF Architect
*CMA* *SYSTeMS*