Martin,
I'm not sure where you mean to check that ojdbc6 is listed as a dependency.
I am trying to convert the project from using MySql to Oracle,
so I might not have configured everything correctly.

This is in the testingContext.xml file:

    <bean id="jpaVendorAdapter"

class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaVendorAdapter"
        p:showSql="true"

p:databasePlatform="org.eclipse.persistence.platform.database.OraclePlatform"
/>

pom.xml:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.oracle</groupId>
            <artifactId>ojdbc6</artifactId>
            <version>11.2.0.1</version>
        </dependency>

testingContext.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
       xmlns:p="http://www.springframework.org/schema/p";
       xmlns:context="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context";
       xmlns:tx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx";
       xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-3.0.xsd
       http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context-3.0.xsd
        http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx
http://www.springframework.org/schema/tx/spring-tx-3.0.xsd";>

    <bean id="propertyConfigurer"

class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"
          p:location="classpath:jdbc.properties" />

    <bean id="ahmDataSource"

class="org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource"
          p:driverClassName="${jdbc.driverClassName}"
          p:url="${jdbc.url}"
          p:username="${jdbc.username}"
          p:password="${jdbc.password}"
          />

    <bean id="loadTimeWeaver"
class="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.InstrumentationLoadTimeWeaver"
/>

    <bean id="jpaVendorAdapter"

class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.EclipseLinkJpaVendorAdapter"
        p:showSql="true"

p:databasePlatform="org.eclipse.persistence.platform.database.OraclePlatform"
/>

    <bean id="entityManagerFactory"

class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean"
        p:dataSource-ref="ahmDataSource"
        p:jpaVendorAdapter-ref="jpaVendorAdapter"
        p:persistenceXmlLocation="test-persistence.xml"
    />

    <!-- Transaction manager for a single JPA EntityManagerFactory
(alternative to JTA) -->
    <bean id="transactionManager"
        class="org.springframework.orm.jpa.JpaTransactionManager"
        p:dataSource-ref="ahmDataSource"
        p:entityManagerFactory-ref="entityManagerFactory"/>

    <!-- checks for annotated configured beans -->
    <context:annotation-config/>

    <!-- Scan for Repository/Service annotations -->
    <context:component-scan base-package="dao" />
    <!-- enable the configuration of transactional behavior based on
annotations -->
    <tx:annotation-driven />

</beans>