Ouch, bad news! This plugin has saved us hundreds of hours in APT format validation and also is a great memory saver. What are my alternatives for APT editing?

Nevertheless, I've found a workaround for the problem I was facing, just in case someone else is experiencing it too:

1.- Rename your APT file from file.apt to file.apt.vm, this seems to activate the preprocessor on maven.

2.- Add this to the properties section of your pom file: <basedir>${basedir}</basedir>

3.- Use the snippet macro as follows: %{snippet|file=$basedir/src/path/to/file.txt}

Now your macros are correctly recognized by maven and by the eclipse plugin!

Regards,

                Pablo.