I've been messing around with markdown for a while, and I feel that APT tools are more mature than markdown's (or asciidoc's), at least for the eclipse+java+maven environment we're using. Despite of some flaws, Benson's editor is more feature rich than the markdown counterpartner. And as Borrie noticed, APT is also better integrated with maven. So, is there some definitive advantage of markdown over APT that I'm missing?

I would like to help with the APT eclipse plugin, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with eclipse plugin development.

Cheers, P.