Hi,

Karl, to answer your question, I only have one processor on my MacBook Pro
(10.9.5), which is a 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7.  I haven't set "forkCount" in
either my surefire or failsafe plugin (configs listed in question) because I
was under the impression that the "-T" option took care of that.

Jörg, My $MAVEN_OPTS var is set to -Xmx4096m, but I thought I read somewhere
that in the case of surefire/failsafe, MAVEN_OPTS is ignored in favor of the
configurations listed in the plugins, which are "-Xmx2048m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512M" for surefire and "-Xmx4096m -XX:MaxPermSize=512M" for
failsafe.

Thanks, - Dave