Ah another thing, I always wished there is an option to archive the
effective POM instead of the tear downed POM with the
maven-archiver (addMavenDesciptor).

Especially when the effective pom also contains the resolved snapshot
timestamps (which it currently not does).

Speaking of effective pom, you can create and archive it, then you have
at least all expressions and profiles locked down.

Gruss
Bernd