AFAIK it has always been like this since the first Maven 2 releases.
And it's not just both the connections, but also the siteURL.

So maybe they have the same symptoms, but I think it is a different issue.

Robert

Op Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:01:45 +0100 schreef <alejandro.e...@grassvalley.com>:

Mark, we are using maven 3.0.4 and encounter the same issue, it must have
been introduced before

Alejandro Endo | Software Designer/Concepteur de logiciels

From:   "Mark Derricutt" <m...@talios.com>
To:     "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>,
Date:   2014-10-27 17:50
Subject:        Re: release of git folder

On 25 Oct 2014, at 23:05, Robert Scholte wrote:

the only workaround I can think of is specifying the developerConnection
in this project as well.

I was meaning to post about this bug the other week - which we came across
when working on the tiles-maven-plugin - this was introduced in the
DefaultInheritanceAssemble somewhere in 3.1.x cycle.

For some reason - for every parent in the chain it appends the artifactId
to the parents SCM section fields ( connection, developerConnection etc.
).