What’s a simple way to set up a website for a couple of related maven projects
that has documentation, examples, howtos, and the like? I don’t want to publish
the gory details of the build there, but something “pretty” and informative for
the end users of the libraries.

I’m thinking of putting together a Makefile that invokes maven (for JavaDoc
purposes), and jekyll (for the rest of the documentation) and knows how to
rsync to the host.

But I’m hoping there’s a simpler way. E.g. I would love to avoid having to
write code that keeps JavaDoc output for different project versions in
different directories (so users can choose which version of the JavaDoc to
browse) etc. It seems I can’t be the first person who wants to do this?

I looked at what the log4j guys do, but from what I can tell, maven only
generates some of the content on that site.

All pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Johannes.