I’m curious if anyone has worked on distributed builds and testing for
maven.

It seems like a lot of the framework is there.

At the very minimum the parallel builds framework could by used by
implementing a maven backend daemon system and build protocol.

I think at a minimum it would work with the version control plugins to pull
on a worker node.. then have maven copy any locally changed files, then do
the build remotely, then transfer the resulting artifacts back to the local
machine.

For small builds I don’t think anyone would notice any performance change.
For large builds the performance could be substantial.

I think the trick would be to make it work with tools like IntelliJ so that
the remote builds would just be triggered and automagically work.

Thoughts?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*