Re,

Basically, the end result would be to support multiple teams with multiple
web application servers and setup (shared libs vs non shared libs). Thus
each internal team does not go back and forth between setups/server. For a
vast majority of cases, the decision is done once, at the start of the
project, and you live with it.

As for the question, like I said previously, the release drives a single
artifact 'type', not a portfolio. The profile idea is basically used only
to support the initial branching for the teams.

Never thought about the Invoker plugin that way. I had suggested of using
it to test the templating of the archetypes themselves, but not more. Since
using profiles means that you have to execute the build itself to validate,
while using the archetype, you test the structure and content of the
created project, which I find easier.

Patrick Sansoucy
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in
practice, there is ...