Maven is a great tool but it is not designed to build installation packages.

Would your problem be better solved using one or more installer generation projects (in Maven) that gather and package the final set of files that are to be used to deploy the app to the run-time environments?

I use IzPack for this.
It has a Maven plug-in that uses dependency management to grab the right software from my repos but allows me to specify what I want to deploy to the various run-time environments. If you need to support different OS's or different containers, this might be easier than trying to create a bunch of build projects controlled with profiles.

Not sure from your description if this is the problem that you are trying to solve but it is a recurring theme here.

Ron