From: Felipe Leme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 10:35 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Using more JSTL tag libraries in jelly?

Mitch,

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 18:55, Mitch Mattek wrote:
> I want to use the JSTL split function from JSTL "functions" library.
> This is

Although this is not exactly the behavior you want, you could use the
tokenizer tag instead:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/util/tags.html#util:tokenize

> implemented in JSTL, but Maven isn't setup with jelly out of the box for
it.

No, this is not a Maven problem, but a Jelly/JEXL issue.

> How do I set up a new taglib for use in jelly? I know the JSTL taglib
> jar is already in the maven iblio repository, so how would I do that?

Actually, jelly tags are not the same as JSTL/JSP tags. Although they share
the concepts, they are different classes, so Jelly doesn't depend on the JSP
jars. In other words, you can't simply use the JSTL/Standard JAR on Jelly -
you need to implement the equivalent tags using Jelly's API. Regarding the
split function per se, it's even more complicated, as it must be implemented
using Jelly's EL, which I think it's JEXL (I'm still not that familiar with
Jelly to tell you for sure :-)

-- Felipe