Hi Alexander,

On 1/9/16 2:13 PM, Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
Hi community.

This inquiry relates to
   [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRELEASE-664
   [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-157
   [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINSTALL-93
   [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MDEPLOY-168

where [2] and [3] are kinda spawned from [1] and [4] has not been implemented
yet because it seems to be non-trivial at least, maybe complicated or even
complex.

Anyway, a combination of [2] and [3] should, as I understand the tickets,
permit me to upload (deploy) my build artifacts to a repository manager only at
the end of a successful multi-module build. Thus, I added this to my parent
POM's pluginManagement section:

                 <plugin>
                     <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
                     <version>2.5.2</version>
                     <configuration>
                         <installAtEnd>true</installAtEnd>
                     </configuration>
                 </plugin>

                 <plugin>
                     <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
                     <version>2.8.2</version>
                     <configuration>
                         <deployAtEnd>true</deployAtEnd>
                     </configuration>
                 </plugin>

I see artifacts being uploaded to the repository manager per module anyway. Am
I doing anything wrong?

If you have defined in pluginManagement be carefull no one overwrites that in the child pom or changes the plugin configuration and regrets the inherited part by using inherited false ...Furthermore use the correct versions...

I'm using this for more than 2 years without any problems....

BUT are you using plain Maven or some kind of OSGi parts (like tycho) or other plugins which define their own lifecycle ?

Can you show an log output of the build ? Or do you have an example project which shows that behaviour ?

P.S.: Sorry to Karl Heinz for having asked this question in ticket [2], but I
thought I had discovered an implementation bug.

No problem... we will see if you have found an other bug or not...

And general rule is to create a separate JIRA ticket and don't reopen closed tickets...if it's needed we will link to other tickets...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise