Von: Robert Patrick [mailto:robert.patr...@oracle.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. April 2016 14:24
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Maven and Continous Integration / Continous Delivery

While having the developers update the POM may sound ok, it turns out to be
problematic in practice when there are more than a handful of developers.  In a
previously life, we had an elaborate scheme where we had scripts that the
developer had to run to update the POM and dependency version numbers before
committing any change.  We had Git hooks that would fail a checkin if it didn't
include the updates.  It was a nightmare and developers hated it.  They have
since switched to SNAPSHOTs and let Jenkins do the conversion to a non-SNAPSHOT
versions, as Stephen is suggesting.  This made the Jenkins job more complex but
simplified the developers lives and made them more productive.