Hi,

On 7/3/16 1:31 AM, Christian Schulte wrote:
Am 07/02/16 um 23:18 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
Hi,

On 7/2/16 2:06 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
 >So we need to figure out a way to deliver the new behavior while
preserving
 >the old for a time being. Maybe a branch,

 > but I think the best way to do it is to have both behaviors exist in the
 > same codebase and turn on what we considered corrected behavior
 > with feature toggles.

Someone who never has used Maven before and who downloads the current
release should just use the 'mvn' command and get the behaviour with all
"features" activated and should not have to care about any "feature". If
I upgrade to a recent Maven version I am doing that to get the latest
"features". That's like upgrading from OS 3.1 to OS 10 and having to
check 10000 checkboxes in the installer to activate all "features"
introduced after OS 3.1. If not activating any feature the OS 10
installer installs OS 3.1. Come one.

This guy should use the same Maven as anyone else around the world which means all breaking features should be disabled by default (see my previous email)..

We are not an operation system nor a company like Apple who can force users to upgrade...

If you started with Maven 2 and now you upgrade to Maven 3.3.9 you will get a large number of new features and different behaviour compared to Maven 2 etc...but there are some parts in Maven 3.X+ which are working wronge for a long time and which should keept the same ...to get reliable results (from the users perspective)..

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise