On 17 Aug 2016, at 12:32, Christian Schulte wrote:

> There is an easy way to solve this. Maven validates the model version in
> the POM to match "4.0.0". Based on that version, Maven can decide how to
> behave. I am thinking about introducing model version "4.1.0" in Maven
> 3.4. All existing 4.0.0 POMs will work the same way as before. Model

Would the deployed POM be a 4.1.0 or 4.0.0 Model? I seem to recall a long time
ago when we were doing the Google Hangouts discussions about a mental
separation of build/deploy POM.

If deployed as 4.1.0 then you'd be forcing all consumers of that dependency to
use Maven 3.4.0 itself ( IMHO not in itself a bad idea ), but that might hurt
any consuming applications like Sonar, Jenkins, or other build tools.

--
Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net