Am 08/19/16 um 17:53 schrieb Curtis Rueden:
> Hi Christian,
>
> This is awesome.
>

> == What works ==
>
> With model version 4.0.0, Maven 3.4.0 now behaves exactly as before. And
> the property overriding bug no longer occurs, either. This maintains build
> reproducibility for my projects, for which I am very thankful.
>
> With model version 4.1.0, Maven 3.4.0 complains about my project thusly:
>
>     [ERROR] Cannot inherit from parent 'org.scijava:pom-scijava:pom:10.6.0'
> with different model version '4.0.0'. Expected model version '4.0.0'.

Thanks for testing. Error message is misleading. Has been fixed already.

<https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-3.3-release-status-build/>

> Followed by many of:
>
>     [WARNING] Multiple conflicting imports of dependency ...

This can happen when upgrading from model version 4.0.0 to model version
4.1.0. There is a huge difference in how the effective dependency
management is build. For model version 4.0.0 the import is one of the
very last steps in building the effective model. After inheritance
processing so that parent dependencies have already been merged. In
model version 4.1.0 this is very different. The import is performed
before inheritance processing right where the import is declared. Think
of the import scope for model 4.1.0 being equal to an XInclude. Before
any inheritance processing.

Regards,
--
Christian