I have some questions regarding how importing a pom type dependency in my
dependencyManagement section really works (e.g. BOM dependency).  At a
basic level I understand it will effectively add all its dependencies
defined in its dependencyManagement section to my dependencyManagement
section.

However the imported pom uses variables for all the versions and defines
them in its pom.  Now if I want to use a different version and also have
the version variable (same variable name) set in my pom, which version will
be used?

What about order of the BOM import?  Does the order of the BOM import
matter with respect to other non imported dependencyManagement
dependencies?  If my POM has the same dependency of the imported one which
one will be used?  Lets say in one case I'm using a property variable to
specify the version and also if I use a literal version.

-Dave