Hi Chris,

If i correctly see in your pom file you have defined Git URL in the root location of your project as well as in the sub module which is simply wrong... Cause you are trying to release a multi module build which means these things should only be at the root of that...

Furthermore your child (skinny-wars-javaee5/pom.xml) duplicates many things...Apart from that your child (which is not the case) based on the things in Git repo:

   <!--  <parent>
    <artifactId>root</artifactId>
    <groupId>io.github.pr0methean.betterrandom</groupId>
    <version>0.9.2.6-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
  </parent> -->
  <properties>
    <prefix />
    <maven.compiler.source>1.8</maven.compiler.source>
    <maven.compiler.target>1.8</maven.compiler.target>
    <annotatedJdk>${org.checkerframework:jdk8:jar}</annotatedJdk>
    <github.global.server>github</github.global.server>
  </properties>
  <groupId>io.github.pr0methean.betterrandom</groupId>
  <artifactId>BetterRandom</artifactId>
  <version>0.9.2.15-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>BetterRandom</name>

So in the end the parent is an aggregator...So my question if why are you trying to release a single module ? Why not the whole in one go?

Furthermore you see the difference in the version ?

BTW: I'm not sure but there have been improvements made in more recent versions of maven-release-plugin (but I'm not sure if really support releases of childs at the moment?)...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise