Hi All,

as a loyal maven user I appreciate maven for all it does and give kudos to
all the people who helped build it. Thought I'd say that before I ask my
question in case you think I'm trolling.

My main problem with maven is colleagues. I constantly hear complaints about
maven being horrible. Instead of being bothered or dis-inhibiting themselves
from seeing maven as it should be seen, they say "because it is XML".

Sometimes I think they'd rather use ant or shell script to do their builds,
or just go with gradle or ivy because someone cool mentioned them.

This leads me naturally to ask, does anyone have any plans to write a maven
pom reader that can read YAML or even JSON or any other potential non-XML
format?

Regards
Adam

--