Polyglot

https://github.com/takari/polyglot-maven

-----Original Message-----
From: ahardy42 [mailto:adam.ha...@cyberspaceroad.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:48 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Anything in pipeline to add functionality to read pom in
different formats?

External Sender: Use caution with links/attachments.

Hi All,

as a loyal maven user I appreciate maven for all it does and give kudos to all
the people who helped build it. Thought I'd say that before I ask my question
in case you think I'm trolling.

My main problem with maven is colleagues. I constantly hear complaints about
maven being horrible. Instead of being bothered or dis-inhibiting themselves
from seeing maven as it should be seen, they say "because it is XML".

Sometimes I think they'd rather use ant or shell script to do their builds, or
just go with gradle or ivy because someone cool mentioned them.

This leads me naturally to ask, does anyone have any plans to write a maven pom
reader that can read YAML or even JSON or any other potential non-XML format?

Regards
Adam

--
Sent from:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__maven.40175.n5.nabble.com_Maven-2DUsers-2Df40176.html&d=DwICAg&c=PskvixtEUDK7wuWU-tIg6oKuGYBRbrMXk2FZvF0UfTo&r=IaG729QyGh1osYCbh8OX9axItHyepxef_hVPx52Ly1s&m=jM-l04HsToIfE-yPhEH1XJ69p3svOqXuFAZLeM8yi90&s=yu7fdEYAqVIT3XiSchebnpkJt6Dyi3Bp_VrX-9y9y2g&e=

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and
privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review,
use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are
not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the
intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all
copies of this message.