That is a bigger change than I expected...
I've configured a <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf> pointing to my repo to test it
out, and now the extension is being downloaded, but obviously everything
else fails. I cannot modify nexus configuration myself, so it seems I will
have to download the jar manually for now :(

Can I ask why is this needed? Why are plugin repositories being ignored? Is
it bad to have multiple repositories configured or is this a bug?

Thank you Karl.
Regards,
Salva