Am 2019-02-16 um 13:17 schrieb Darius Cooper:
A bit off-topic, but has the Camel team considered using interns for some
of its project-work?

In a recent   Adam Bien  podcast interview...  Robert Scholte.   mentioned
that there were about 10 contributors currently pretty active on Maven, and
that none was paid/full-time. It was all voluntary work. Meanwhile,
probably over 50% of the worlds Java projects use Maven. Sounds like the
team could use some help.

This is soo true...my spare time horribly degraded over the years...

Often, it takes too much effort to bring a student/intern up to speed; but,
a large and well-known project like Camel may be able to attract students
from really good universities, who have already done useful coursework.

To be fair, one would need to give such students some interesting work, and
work that you really do want done. Yet, to be safe one could try to find
things that are less "core" and won't "break everything" if done wrong.

Are you talking about possible open tickets in JIRA? Many have been open for years...aren't they good enough for starters? I don't think we can have one person to work on a single issue for months. At least, I can't recall any which requires so much time.

For coordination, one might even be able to find a Computer Science
professor who is interested enough that he can do some of the mentoring
role. With the right professor pushing for it, the University may even
grant a small stipend.

That'll be great.

Regards,

Michael