Can this work also allow arbitrary property expression in a module <version>?

Currently, this practice is discouraged because the deployed pom with property
expression is meaningless.
The flatten-maven-plugin can produce correct poms for deployment,
with all properties resolved; despite maven prints the hardcoded warning
 "'version' contains an expression but should be a constant".

Links on the topic:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/201201.mbox/%3cca+npnmyb_w4ldrg5ztn5nx3f2kcrpxdefs4gjzz3oe0cuy1...@mail.gmail.com%3E
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-4715
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19123013/maven-version-with-a-property/19123130

Why I'm interested in property expressions for versions is because I want to
generate
versions automatically as a hash code of all sources and dependencies.

And also skip building of modules whose has-version has not changed.

That way the large multi-module project can vary significantly improve build
speed
 and reduce the artifact storage consumption. Similar to what build caches
give for gradle and bazel, only a bit simplified, less granular - caching done
on the level of final artifacts, but not for intermediate outputs
 (compiled file, generated resources).

If would be very convenient if maven-flatten-plugin become unnecessary
and maven supported property expressions in version spec out of box.