Am 2020-10-23 um 10:08 schrieb Jakub Bartecek:
Hello,
I'd like to ask if it is possible to turn on HTTP/2 support in Maven. I
haven't found such an option.

If not: Are there any plans to add the support?

There is nothing to turn on and that would be unwise, something like this should be done through ALPN.

Maven uses by default Wagon HTTP Transport on top of Apache HttpComponents 4.5.x. Beginning with Apache HttpComponent 5.0 HTTP/2 is supported. One would need to write a new (updated) HTTP Transport to move all gone. There is one crucial issue needs to be solved first: HTTPCORE-626. Also read the related discussion [1].

Is there anything explicitly you expect from HTTP/2 compared to HTTP/1.1? I have done a lot of internal improvements to Wagon HTTP this year which covers a lot of use cases.

Have you done testing with curl which proves some kind of improvement?
I have talked about possible benefits of HTTP/2 in corporate environments with jfclere@ and he sees little benefit because when you have a repo manager in house, you have (a) a gigabit connection and (b) minimal hops between client and repo manager.

Michael

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/httpclient-users@hc.apache.org/msg09851.html