I'm attempting to run the tests in a test jar rather than from source,
for reasons. That is, I set up the pom.xml like so to run the tests
that are bundled in
com.google.cloud:google-cloud-storage:test-jar:tests

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>3.0.0-M5</version>
        <configuration>
          <dependenciesToScan>

<dependency>com.google.cloud:google-cloud-storage:test-jar:tests:*</dependency>
          </dependenciesToScan>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

The problem I'm running into is that a lot, though not all,
dependencies seem to be non-transitive. I have to manually add the
various dependencies to the dependencies section. Is there any way
around this?

There's a more complete pom.xml here:

https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-opensource-java/pull/2003/files

--