Wooohaa, thanks Thomas.
It's a whole new world being revealed to me: I wasn't aware of the huge
work happening on artifact resolvers.
At the same time, it seems not to be available out of the box (needs a
Redis server) so I'll keep my Jenkinsfile hacks for now and will wait
for proper documentation and how-to.
Thanks for the pointers !

*François Marot*