From: Nils Breunese <n...@breun.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, February 1, 2022 12:13 PM
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Possible protocol error, handshake_error when using Maven

----
External E-mail --- CAUTION: This email originated from outside GDMS. Do not
click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.

christopher.mil...@gd-ms.com wrote:

> I was able to curl that URL along with pulling that .pom file with the
> following command:
>
> curl -o maven-archiver-2.5.pom
> https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/maven-archiver/2.5/maven-archiver-2.5.pom
>
> So I'm still at a loss where I'm experiencing this issue currently.

Have you tried fetching that URL from a simple Java program to check whether
your Java stack can access that URL?

--
? cat GetUrls.java
import java.net.HttpURLConnection;

class GetUrls {
        for (String arg : args) {
            URL url = new URL(arg);
            HttpURLConnection con = (HttpURLConnection) url.openConnection();
            con.setRequestMethod("GET");
            int status = con.getResponseCode();
            System.out.println("[" + status + "] " + url);
        }
    }
}
? javac GetUrls.java