Hello everyone,

TL;DR? https://github.com/fbiville/mvn-plugin-dependency-reactor-issue

I recently noticed that, within the big multi-module project of my company,
a specific module is listed as a dependency to plugins such as Maven
Checkstyle plugin or com.mycila:license-maven-plugin.

The problem occurs when I try one of these plugins against another specific
module.
Maven CLI will basically complain that it cannot resolve the module needed
by the plugin and fail, even if I explicitly list that module in the
project list.

That occurs both with Maven 3 and 4.

The obvious workaround is to install the required module first and then run
the plugin but I'm trying to get rid of the need for `mvn install` entirely.

Is there a particular reason plugin dependencies are not considered by
Maven Reactor?
Is module-as-plugin-dependency a Maven antipattern?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Florent