I am only catching up on the replies - I was not sure my query had made it
in, so many thanks for the replies.

Our previous implementation of openapi-generator 5.0.0 generated to
resources and then it copied to target.

However, v6.3.0 newly generates gradle artefacts (which we don't need)
including the aforementioned jar and so this highlights as ye have
identified that we should generate to target and copy selectively to
resources. maven-resources-pluginable is not included in the
https://github.com/OpenAPITools/openapi-generator/blob/master/pom.xml or
our pom.xml and I have not been able to work out what calls it. If you have
any ideas please shout!

In the meantime I am looking into the filtering option you mentioned,