You'd use Plexus?  In 2023?
Please no :)

TL;DR: Plexus shim (used in Maven, more specifically
https://github.com/eclipse/sisu.plexus) builds atop of sisu.inject project,
so the same thing applies.

In other words: whatever is "managed by sisu, should be max Java 14"
bytecode in current release Maven versions. Naturally, this does NOT apply
to ANY code, just those being JSR330 (and Mojo) annotated.

HTH