In my current project i'm working we already have a parent POM that I
should be inheriting from, but when trying to integrate the spring boot I
come into an issue that I should inherit their super pom instead of using
our own. For dependencies its pretty simple - you use the import scope, but
what about plugins? I'm seeing some stackoverflow posts about the sameish
issue from 11 years ago that the suggestion was to use tiles plugin. Was
there any movement regarding this in the mean time?

As a workaround I currently have a dedicated springboot runtime module that
includes a single entry point with respective annotations to start the
application, and it directly inherits the spring boot super pom while
importing our dependencies via the depencendy management block but having a
submodule not inherit a parent module feels weird