For the record, Spring Boot has no hard requirement of using a 'parent'
pom. It is just a bit simpler and in most of the examples online.
But you can simply set the scope import in your dependencyManagement. This
works.

<dependencyManagement>

<dependency>

<groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>

<artifactId>spring-boot-dependencies</artifactId>

<version>${spring.boot.version}</version>

<type>pom</type>

<scope>import</scope>

</dependency>

Hope it helps