Hmm...Found another solution that is a little concerning.  Presently, you can
not define multiple SourceDirectories in the POM. But, you can do this?

        <path id="gen.middlegen.compile.src.xdoclet"
location="generated/middlegen"/>
        <path id="gen.java.compile.src.xdoclet" location="generated/java"/>

        <maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set"
refid="gen.java.compile.src.xdoclet"/>
        <maven:addPath id="maven.compile.src.set"
refid="gen.middlegen.compile.src.xdoclet"/>

If maven.compile.src.set uses the same information as the SourceDirectory tag,
but you can extend it, would it make sense to use this for documentation
generation/source code analysis?
-D