On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 13:02, Steve Molloy wrote:
> Remove the 1.0- in the dependency, SNAPSHOT means latest, no version...
> So:
>
>      <dependency>
>          <artifactId>A</artifactId>
>          <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
>      </dependency>

You can actually have a version in there. This is something we (the
maven developers) have revised and really haven't communicated well to
the user base. Through experience we've found that the version in there
allows you to distinguish between SNAPSHOTs for different branches or
entirely different development paths i.e. a 1.x line and a 2.x line.

We will try to document this more clearly. Internally in maven we just
look for "SNAPSHOT" so something like "1.0-SNAPSHOT" will be classified
as a SNAPSHOT (look at org.apache.maven.repository.AbstractArtifact for
reference).

--
jvz.