Thanks for your help.

Brett Porter wrote:
It's a path to a JAR though :) path should work as well, though.

So the problem is that it is empty. Is this code inside maven.xml or
inside a plugin.jelly?

My maven.xml

If it is in plugin.jelly, it should work. If in maven.xml, it won't.
In that case, you need to do something like:
<maven:get plugin="maven-xdoclet-plugin" var="xdocletPlugin"
property="plugin" />
${xdocletPlugin.getDependencyPath('...')}

Hmm, I've never seen this before. I gave it a shot and nothing echo'ed. I also tried with maven:pluginVar since maven:get is actually deprecated according to the docs. When I enable the -X switch, there is no extra information to help diagnose this. It would be nice if there was some debugging information whenever the pattern ${a.b()} appears so that I at least know that Maven is trying to evaluate it as a function and not a direct variable.

Ah well.

~ David