Well no, not necessarily. You could just put the project descriptors on each machine so maven would know which SCM to connect to for each project. It would then download src just for the projects you are building on each machine. I'm not sure what the minimum requirements are for this in terms of which files you need, but I imagine just project.xml, maven.xml and project.properties. This is where build.properties comes in very handy. You can specify machine specific overrides there.

I'd look at the tools Vincent mentions as well. I haven't used any of them myself.

On Feb 23, 2005, at 2:52 PM, Jared Richardson wrote:

In this scenario, all the code for every project would exist on every machine?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Mangi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 2:07 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Clustered Maven?

Not really a newbie question at all... actually a very interesting
question.

I don't believe there is any built in functionality for this but you
could definitely do it with a set of shell scripts and rsh. Many many
years ago I did a similar thing with make files,  rsh to spawn the
builds onto the remote machines and expect to analyze the output. It
worked amazingly well spawning nightly builds on a dozen different OS
flavors, correlating the output into a master build report.

Rick