> No, the targetPath is defined as being relative to maven.build.dest
> (for normal resources) and maven.test.dest (for unit test resources).
> You shouldn't put your test resources in maven.build.dest as they'll
> end up in the JAR (or whatever is being built).

Yeah, that's a good point.  I don't want that file to be in that spot
when I build the actual project.

> > I'm just wondering if there are plans to check for absolute
> > references vs relative references within these tags.  If not, why
> > set these property values as absolute references instead of
> > relative?
>
> No, there is not. Sorry I didn't understand the last sentence here...

I was just thinking that the maven.test.dest property could be a
relative path, at which point, resolving the absolute path would be a
concatenation of maven.build.dir and maven.test.dest.  The same would
apply for maven.build.dest and possibly other properties.  That was just
my initial thinking about these properties, though.  Anyway, thanks for
the info.

Dave