Will that factory need to be included in the Maven code or could it sit,
say, in the groovy code itself and M2 be easily configured to use it? I
believe it's a plexus component and it needs to be registered in plexus.
Will m2 users be able to change the plexus configuration files?

In other words, could it be maintained outside of Maven?

[snip]

Thanks
-Vincent